Safety EngineerApply for Job
Sygnal Technologies is a leading designer and manufacturer of embedded control systems for the autonomous vehicles industry. We're building embedded devices and supporting software for safety-critical applications, both custom and off-the-shelf.
We run Sygnal like a nimble startup. We hire only the very best and give them the freedom to work remotely - when they want and where they want. We're not based in the Bay Area and we don't care if you are or not. Instead of fancy offices and kombucha kegs, we invest in regular meet-ups in cool locations like Sun Valley or Bend.
We've been through the VC-backed hype cycle before and we're not going back. Sygnal is venture-free, profitable, and in it for the long haul.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
You'll be a core part of our small engineering team responsible for all aspects of safety analysis and the authority to mandate design change to achieve required safety goals. Yes, you've got a lot of power, but you'll need to understand the product deeply and wield it carefully to help us hit aggressive delivery commitments
- Own the technical safety concept of all products
- Specify functional and technical safety requirements for hardware and software
- Develop and maintain HARAs for a variety of contexts
- Develop and maintain FMEDAs and recommend design changes to achieve required ASIL levels
- Interface with integrators to system certification efforts
- Facilitate 3rd party audit of safety documentation and practice
- ISO26262 Functional Safety Engineer certification
- Experience with HARA and FMEDA development on ASIL-B+ systems
- BSEE or equivalent
- 1-5 years safety engineering experience
Apply for the job
Benefits working with Sygnal
Safety-Critical Drive-by-Wire for Autonomous Vehicles
We'll never share your email or send spam.